Monday, February 13, 2012

What it's like to be sick as a homemaker.

What am I into today?

I'm sick.  I have a nasty cold that is plugging up my nose and ears.  I'm coughing and it hurts my chest and because it's a violent action, it hurts my right hip too. 

But, I'm a Stay at Home Mom.  A Homemaker.  Things don't stop because I'm sick.  I fell asleep around 9:30 last night.  Totally unheard of for me.  Not only that, I crashed in my clothes.  Another unheard of for me.  I can't stand sleeping in my clothes, so if I did that you KNOW I'm not feeling good.  Mark comes in, wakes me up to find out where the lunch meat is so he can make his lunch.  I think he woke me up for something else too, but I don't know what.

I go to make Austin a sandwich this morning, and Mark used almost a 1/2 loaf of bread for his lunch.  So, I now have no bread in the house.  I need to get a batch going.  No choice.

I had to get Austin's lunch together, as well as make sure he had his Valentine's with him since he's not at school tomorrow.  Where in the heck did his teacher's Valentine go????  After almost 10 minutes of searching, I found it.  NOT where I put it last, but I had to start thinking like Mark and, "Where would Mark have put them?"  On the chair in the corner of the kitchen by the popcorn maker is not where I would have looked first.  

THANK GOD for my mom.  She came and picked up Austin to take him to school.  She will also pick him up and then keep him for the afternoon.  I'll have relative peace with just Audrey and Cody.  And they both should take a nap at the same time which means I will get to as well.  Mark will pick up Austin after work.  :)

Even though I only have Audrey and Cody, I still have to do things.  I still have to put the laundry away.  I still have to fix breakfast, lunch and dinner for my family.  I still have to sweep the kitchen, or clean up messes that Audrey might make later on.  I still have to nurse Cody every 3-4 hours.  I still have to change diapers and find things for Audrey to do.  I'll probably sit at the table with her while she plays with playdough later on.  She likes to lick the playdough so I have to still sit with her.  Even if I give her paper and crayons, I have to sit with her because she doesn't always keep the crayons on the paper.  I really don't want to have to clean the table and walls of crayon today.

I don't get a break.  I feel like mud, but I still have to plow through.  You can bet that if Mark gets this cold, he will moan and complain and what not.  He may or may not go to work, but I can put $ on it that if he does go to work, the second he comes home, he will go to bed.  I wonder if that would work for me???  Can I go to bed the minute he gets home from work?  Are you willing to put $ on it that I can???  I'm not.  Not in a million years. 

UGH, it's Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment