Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dyeing and more!

What am I into today?

Dyeing.  It's 8:15, and I've already dyed some silk hankies.   I also dyed some locks yesterday and this was Audrey this morning:

"Please I touch it Mama!!???  It's so soft!  And pretty!"  That's my girl!  Bedhead and all!  Future fiberista!     

Yep... she is totally ME!  And she LOVES my fiber.  She has been known as a fiber thief as well as a yarn thief.  And don't even try to give her the store bought stuff. She will throw it down and grab the good stuff!  LOL  No joke!

So, I'm hoping to have my dyepot going all day.  I have some fiber I want to get in there and get going as well.  It's a great motivation to wake up to 3 sales in my Etsy store!  "They like me!  They like me!  They really really like me!"  I know.. childish, but true!  I get all happy and giddy when I see I have a sale!  For those of you who think, "she must really be making a lot of $ doing this."  Not yet.  In over  a year, I sold, ready???  $245 worth of items.  Not much... but a start.  I do this because I love it.  Not for the $.  Well... a little for the $, but it's more because I love it.  The fact that I've branched out into other forms of fiber arts have helped me though.  I'm making more on my batts and my kettle dyed items than I was on my handspun yarns.  :)

So, I'm off to check my dyepot to see if the dye has all exhausted yet.  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment