Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Coming home from a meeting to . . .

What am I into today?

First of all, I had a meeting at Church last night for Little Church.  We are blessed to have to have this meeting because we have TOO MANY KIDS!  LOL  We're splitting them up Kinders through 3rd grade and 4th grade and up.  It's awesome!

So.. I left Mark at home with all three kids.  I had nursed Cody before I left and gave food to Mark if he seemed hungry later.  I came home and I was so giggly excited for Mark and the kids.  He got creative and thought outside the box!  He had gone into my shed and found the little helium tank left over from a party.  Then he scrounged around to find balloons.  By the time I got home, there were 8 balloons floating around and the kids were having a blast!!!  Such a simple thing... but so much fun for kids!  For Mark to take this creative step into having fun with the kids was awesome to see!  Mark is not usually this creative of what to do with them once it's too cold and dark outside to go out, so I was very very happy to see what he did!  Oh... and he had actually taken a shower with all three by himself as well and they were all in jammies.  Cody was actually sound asleep! 

So what about actually today?  It's supposed to rain today.  All.  Day.  So, I picked up some new coloring books at Target in the $1 section last night.  I also found one of those books where you just use water and 'paint' the water on and the colors come alive!  I haven't seen one of those in years, and I'm sure my kids will love it later today! 

We're also going to work on Valentine's for friends and family.  Very simple, but we got some of the Valentines fun foam sticker things from Michaels and that's what's going to work for us. 

I also found some sheets on clearance at Target last night.  And I'm considering using them as curtains in my dining room.  But they need some jazzing up.  So, I'm trying to figure out how to do that.  I even bought the spring loaded curtain rods.  I'm trying to do it without sewing at all, and I know if I use my pinking shears, they shouldn't fray.  Painting?  Batik?  I don't know how to jazz them up totally yet... but I will be playing around and figuring it out today!  Ooh... what about a bleach batik and then an overdye?  Hmm... sounds like it might work.  I'll take pictures as I go and then post it!

Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment