Thursday, February 16, 2012

Go to sleep already!

What am I into today?

Well, first off.  We did not get enough Yosemite reservations for our planned July 7-14 trip this year.  We needed at least 5 campsites, and got 2.  Seriously, they are sold out in 30 seconds.  You have to time it just right to get what you want.  It's extremely difficult.  But, we will try again for a later date in March. So, you have that post to look forward to on March 15th when we do it all over again.  :)

Today?  I'm mostly back in the land of the living.  I'm still coughing and now feel like I've completed about 800 sit ups in the last 3 days.  I'm still really tired though being that Audrey woke Cody up from his naps, BOTH times by slamming the bedroom door.  She didn't do it on purpose, but man was I ANGRY both times.  So, he's been a bit sleep deprived and that makes it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep for him at night.  I posted a picture on my facebook timeline that showed him sound asleep on my lap around 10:30.  I was so happy!  I put him down, and less than 5 minutes later, he was awake.  Then Austin woke up.  I took care of him.  He was just scared because I left the closet door open.  Ugh.  Closed that.  Grab Cody, start nursing and rocking.  Again.  15 minutes later, put him down.  Sound asleep.  NO SOONER had I crawled under the covers, Audrey starts crying.  No joke.  I go in and she's coughing up a storm.  :(  I have found a Hyland's Natural Cough and Cold syrup for kids ages 2 and up, so she got some of that.  I go back in, and what do you know?  Cody is awake.  It's now about 11:45.  I'm nursing and rocking.  Nursing and rocking.  Rocking and nursing.  I always try to nurse for long periods at night so he will sleep a little longer.  By 12:30, I'm DONE.  I had been up since 4am.  I put him down.  He's asleep.  Audrey wakes up again.  AUGH!  I go comfort her.  Again.  She's okay.  Just needed her tag and her baby.  Fine.  I go back in to our room, Cody wakes up.  You've GOT. TO. BE. KIDDING. ME.  At 1am I physically could not take it anymore.  I had rocked, sang, hummed, nursed and whispered to Cody.  I had swayed with him.  I had given Tylenol.  I could not do it anymore.  I layed him down, and he cried.  I put his music on, covered him with his quilt, and let him cry.  I know that many people do not believe in crying it out for babies.  But I was at a point of sheer exhaustion.  Mark was awake through much of this and he agreed.  Just let him cry.  His music goes for 20 minutes.  I was in and out of that.  At the end of the music though, he did fall asleep.  At 315 AM, Mark went in to comfort Audrey again.  I heard her once again around 430, but she went back to sleep on her own.  At 5:30ish, I got Mark up and made sure he was out the door on time for work.  At 7:30, i heard the kids door open.  At 7:45, Austin peeked into my room and quietly waved at me.  At 7:50, I was out of bed and helped him turn on the Disney Channel.  NOTE TO SELF:  Make sure that the Disney channel and an appropriate volume is set the night before so he can turn it on by himself in the mornings now.  :)

Sigh.  Did you get through all that?????  I can't believe I did.

That is what parenting is about.  Being there for your kids as much as possible.  I know that Cody has had a little bit of the cough I do.  It's no where near as bad.  But his constant waking when laying him down is a sign of sleep deprivation for him.  If he gets a good 2-3 hour nap today, I can put $ on it that he will also go down better tonight.  It's just the way he is.

Today though:  I came up with a new Chores chart for myself.  Yes, for me.  If I see it in writing, it may be easier for me to keep up with things.  Instead of waiting until Thursday and Friday to get things done, I can try to get it all done throughout the week and break it up into smaller jobs.    When I can figure out how to get it copied from Excel and shown here, I'll post it up so you can see!  :)

Have a great Wednesday.  (Gosh, it is only Wednesday?  I swore it was Thursday until I wrote it down.  UGH.)

Yes, I did actually think it was Wednesday for a bit there.  I'm exhausted. Can you tell?  Oh my.  I need sleep.  Have a great Thursday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment