Thursday, February 2, 2012

Boy shot in our neighborhood

What am I into today?

This happened last night. 12 year old boy shot while sleeping  It was about 1/2 a block from my home.  7 houses.  Just 7 houses.  That's scary.  I heard the shots.  The news is reporting 5 shots... it was 10. 10 shots in a pattern I remember.  Bang bang    bang bang        bang bang bang bang bang bang.  I've been around guns enough to know that someone emptied a clip.  I also think that someone shot the first 4 shots and then turned to adjust his aim for the next 6.  There was enough pause in there for that.  There are no less than 4 news vans out there right now and 3 helicopters circling the neighborhood.  I've heard helicopters all night off and on.  We SAW the first police helicopter with their night sun on and it even swiped our backyard at one point.  I actually woke Mark up even though he's only been asleep for 5 minutes.  He hadn't heard the shots at all... but we both heard the helicopter and the following sirens.  It took about 15 minutes before I actually called the cops myself, even though I knew that they were already on the scene because I wanted to make sure they knew that it was 10 shots.  They sorta blew me off, but I may call the police community center in a little to clarify.  After about 20 minutes I heard the ambulance siren.  It's different than a police siren.  I knew then that someone had been hurt but didn't know who or how bad.  Being that they say it was a 12 year old boy, shot in the knee... I wonder what else is going on since they are still there eight and a half hours later. I'll update more on this as I find out more.

What else am I into today?  My hamburger buns were a flop.  They were not light and fluffy at all.  They were dense.  :(  I had such high hopes for making my own hot dog buns for this weekend.  I'm going to try another recipe today and see what happens.

I'm also making these today:  Strawberry cupcakes  They are for Austin's teacher tomorrow.  I need to get the strawberries out and put them into some sugar.  I was supposed to do it overnight, but sorta forgot.

I'm also making a 16 bean soup and need to do a quick soak on those beans because, again, I forgot until 1am, and I wasn't getting out of bed to do it then.  Well... Cody got me out of bed 10 minutes later for over an hour.  Ugh.

And lastly, Audrey has an appointment with the ENT today for her ears.  I'm 99% sure she has an ear infection again as it is.  Mark will be meeting me there so he can hear everything the doctor has to say and can ask all the questions he wants to as well.  Austin will get to go out with Janice and Grandma, and my mom and dad will be watching Cody.  It's 'drink from the bottle or be hungry' for him tonight.  He has YET to take a bottle and so it really limits where I can go without him.  Really, the one place I want to go is to teach my pre-baptism class without him.  Mark says that as soon as he will drink from a bottle, he'll keep him here.  :)  My mom was the one that had to coax Audrey into a bottle and I'm sure she will do great with Cody tonight too!

Oh... and two more things.

1.  This came yesterday. Yes, it's a box.  A yet unopened box.  But I'm really hoping to be able to open this up and play with it today!  I'll take pics as I go and post it all tomorrow!  If you can guess what it is, I'll give you a high five!  LOL








2.  I'm still trying to get more followers.  At 25 followers, I will be giving away a gift of some sort.  I still haven't fully determined what it will be.  But I promise something nice!  :)

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment