Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Overfull closets and fat Tuesday

What am I into today?

I have to finish getting stuff organized in my bedroom and do laundry.  UGH.  I despise laundry.  It's the worst of all the chores.  Just plain the worst.  I think I'll try to go through my clothes as well and get rid of what I just don't wear anymore.  As much as I'd like to think I'm getting into those size 12 jeans anytime soon, it's not gonna happen.  They need to go. 

I went through all the kids clothes the other day.  It takes an amazing amount of time to find teeny tiny tags or read the white on white printing where the tags used to go just to see what size the clothes are.  I realize that Audrey needs more shirts.  A lot more shirts.  She has about 4 that are actually her size.  T-shirts that is.  She also needs pants.  2T's fit her great in length, but they just don't fit her butt.  She's got a big butt for a 2 year old.  I put her in a pair of 3T's the other day, and it's amazing how much better they fit in her butt.  So I will be on the lookout for 3T capris because I think they will be good on length for regular pants for her for a while.  Plus, they should fit her for a LONG time being 3T's.  :)  She also needs dresses.  Ugh.

.....insert break for crying screaming kids (Audrey hit Austin... they are totally fine... it's not even bad... Austin is just making a big deal of it because he can.)...

I've learned that holding on to clothes for the next kid doesn't work well.  Even if you have two boys both born in June months, 3 years apart, it doesn't work.  Cody has always been in the next size up from his age and has been able to wear very little of Austin's old clothes because they weren't the right season.  I give up.  From now on, I'm just going to save a couple of my favorites and donate the rest, or hand them down if I can. The one thing I did successfully hand down were Austin's pants.  Audrey has been wearing Austin's old jeans for a long time now. :)

So, when's the last time you went through your kids closet and found items that didn't fit them anymore?  And have you been able to successfully hand down clothes from kid to kid? 

Oh.. and it's Fat Tuesday!  The day before the beginning of Lent.  That means tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and the day you are supposed to begin giving something up.  It's difficult at best to figure out the best thing I can give up.  I've also been told in recent years that you should keep it to yourself unless it affects others around you. That's difficult too.  :shrug:  I'll let you know if I decide on something. 

Happy Fat Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment