Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Oatmeal, wool locks, Valentine's and chores.

What am I into today?

Well, it's 8:33 as I type this and I've got baked oatmeal wtih strawberries, bananas, and chocolate in the oven.  Dishes are done.  I've also rinsed some wool locks and started a new batch to dye.  My cup of coffee is empty, and I'm planning out the rest of my day.





These are dyed wool locks.  They came from a Border Leicester sheep.  They are still drying, but they are GORGEOUS.  I used the colors lavender, chestnut, and burgundy.  I can't wait to use them in some fiber and spin them up!












Once we finish breakfast, we're going to go meet my mom at Sam's Club so she can pick up her glasses.  She has a Costco membership and I have Sam's Club.  It works out great for us.  We just tag along with one another when we need something specific from each place.  :)

I'm trying to figure out what I want to make for dinner.  I'm thinking carne asada tacos, and that means I need to get the meat defrosting ASAP.  I keep them simple with just some avocado's (from our tree), tomatoes, homemade sour cream, and some limes from our trees outside as well.



I have to share this picture with you from yesterday.  My kids were making Valentines for family.  It's just fun foam hearts and stickers, but it kept them busy for probably 30 minutes.  After they were done with the stickers, I wrote on the back and quoted the kids.  I think my favorite was Austin's to Great Grandma. "I love you.  I like saying your prayers with you."  How sweet is that!?










One last picture.  This is my bread from yesterday.  It came out PERFECT. I think I've finally gotten the recipe down where I want it to be.  Yay!!!  This will last my family 3-4 days.  So, I'm basically baking bread 2 times a week.  Not bad!  :)














The last thing I'm into today is trying to get a chores schedule organized.  It needs to be for our whole family.  I want to make it up and post it somewhere so we can all see it.  It will have designated chores for all family members.  I need to get myself on a better chore schedule, if only to keep up on laundry. Laundry is my nemesis.  If I had the $, I would pay someone to come in and put it all away for me.  I don't mind washing and drying, but it's a pain in the butt to put it all away. 

That's about it for me!  How do you keep track of chores and do you have a schedule for getting them all done?

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment