Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's day

What am I into today?

Well, first off.  I feel a little better.  I would not go straight to feeling good...but better is an improvement.  I still feel run down, stuffy, coughing and what not... but somehow, it's not as bad as yesterday.

So, I'm making a creamy tomato basil Parmesan soup for dinner tonight.  It's going into the crock pot as soon as I finish this post.  I will be sharing this with my husband, our kids, Great Grandma, and my parents.  What???  Your parents you ask???  Why would you share Valentine's dinner with your parents???  Well, because today was the only day I could get a parent teacher conference for Austin that Mark could attend as well.  That's at 5pm.  My mom and dad are going to come over and watch all three kids for us so we can go, and then I'm putting dinner on for us. 

I'm doing something a little different with the soup though... I'm putting it over pasta.  Well, my mom says she just wants the soup.  That's fine.  We did it over pasta for leftovers last time and it was really really good.  I'm also going to cook two chicken breasts on the stove top and dice them into the soup at the last minute as well.  I added shrimp last time, but since my mom doesn't like shrimp, and grandma tries not to eat them too often, I'll do chicken this time.  A side of bread that I baked yesterday and it will complete the meal.  :)

So, between now and 420 when I have to leave for Austin's parent teacher conference, I have to cancel two doctor's appointments, and then just survive the day.  It's a cold but beautiful day out, so we will go outside and play for a while.  A LONG while if I have it my way.  :)

Oh, and somewhere in there, I have to finish Mark's Valentine's present.  I'm making a picture frame that has a piece of paper inside that says, I love you because...  Then you put a dry erase marker by it and you get to fill it in with whatever you want for that day.  I want to do this and make it something I do every day, without repeating for a year.  Can you find 365 things you love about your husband or wife???

Happy Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment