Saturday, February 4, 2012

Mark's Party today!

What am I into today?

Getting ready for Mark's party!  I have the crock pot baked beans going.  I have the bread rising for the hot dog buns.  I have the coleslaw mix out and that's next to mix up.  That recipe is here: KFC coleslaw. 

I don't have enough refried beans for the individual 7 layer dips that I'm making.  Nor is the cheese grated or tomatoes chopped.  And I do need to get the olives still.  ACK!  Yeah..  a trip to the store is in my very very near future. 

Oh... and the cake!  It's not even started yet!  Homemade Lemon Cake from scratch is what Mark wants. 

The "Happy Birthday!" sign is up on the canopy outside, and I'll be making these glowing balloons later on too. Audrey, Cody and I picked up the glow in the dark bracelets yesterday at Michael's.  15 for $1.  Can't beat that!  I'm hoping the bracelets offer enough 'glow'.  :)

So, you may ask, what am I doing sitting here blogging?????

I'm blogging because I enjoy it.  Yep.  I said it!  I am enjoying this!  I am finding that I like to write.  I like the way that my blogging is actually helping me organize my life a little.  It's encouraging me to try new things.  And it's keeping me in touch with my family on a more regular basis. 

But, that all being said... I'm cutting this one short today.  Too much to do... not enough time.  LOL

Happy Saturday everyone!  And just so you have a tease about tomorrow... tomorrow I'll be blogging about my homemade waffles from scratch that take about 10 minutes.  SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment