Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday

What am I into today?

Today is Ash Wednesday.  Did you know that they typically burn the palms from the previous year's Palm Sunday to make the ashes they place on your forehead?

This post is extremely late in the day.  I was up for almost 2 hours in the middle of the night with Cody and slept until Austin woke me up at 7:25.  I barely remember getting Mark up to go to work. 

Then I went out and picked up my mom.  We went to Target, then back to her house for PB&J sandwiches for the kids.  Then off to Kohl's.  I love Kohl's.  If you shop there 'right' you can save a TON of $.  Shop the clearance.  Then use a coupon.  Then get Kohl's cash.  Use that for free stuff.  It's amazing how much money you can save.  Plus, they have really cute clothes!  I got a 'little black dress' for myself today.  For $8.  Yes... you read that right.  $8.  EIGHT DOLLARS. I didn't forget a number in front of the 8.  It was on clearance.  Then it was a goldstar clearance item, meaning it was the last one.  Then I got 20% off that!  Seriously.  Amazing deal. 

And tonight we will be having dinner around 5 so we can make it to church by 6 for the Ash Wednesday service.  The beginning of Lent.  40 days of doing something in your life that is hard.  Some people give up things. I choose to take on extra things instead.  15 minutes of exercise.  EVERY DAY.  No if's, and's or but's.  Also, I plan on getting up with Mark every morning and making him breakfast.  This is something I have not done since we've been married.  But I should.  It means getting up over an hour earlier than I normally do, but it's worth if if it sets him up for a better day.  I pray that I can do it and keep it up. 

If you would like to share, what are giving up or doing extra for Lent?


No comments:

Post a Comment