Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Rainy Day activities

What am I into today?

It's going to rain today.  It's going to be windy.  OH JOY!  Keeping kids entertained on days when you have to stay inside is hard sometimes. 

I'll be playing Chutes and Ladders with them today.  And Memory games, and hopefully some Candyland.  I also have a bag that I keep coloring books and crayons and markers in for days like this.  Austin also got some of the color wonder crayola paints last year for his birthday that I might break out.  And then there's TV.  On days when we just can't go out, I will let them watch pretty much whatever they want.  They just saw Lady and the Tramp for the first time 2 days ago, and so they are on that kick.  And that's okay.  I see Austin processing the story and giggling at things now that he didn't the first time he watched it.  I see Audrey watching the dogs and the cats and figuring out which ones are good and which ones are naughty. 

And, if we just HAVE to get out.  I'll load them up in the van and we will go to Sam's Club and walk around and taste the samples and have a $5 lunch of hot dogs and a pretzel.  Or we will just go to a fast food place, just to get a small fry for each kid as a treat.  Just something to get us out. 

Considering that my kids spend up to 3 hours outside every morning before lunch, and sometimes 2+ hours outside in the evenings, days when we are stuck inside are hard.  But we make do.

What is your favorite rainy day activity to do with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment